Project2 Documentation + Artist Statement






Documentation




Artists Statement
The purpose of my installation project was to bring more attention to the 'feral' cats that live at the University of Tampa since very few people seem to be aware of them despite the fact many of these cats have lived here for years. I took the best videos I could of the feral cats, which wasn't the easiest given how skittish they can be. I then brought the videos in after-affects and rotoscoped them. As a stylistic choice for the older cats, given how dark their fur was against the background, I ended  rotoscoping their bodies and the general area around them to try and create a sort of painted mural look. Since the Feral cats live around the Cass building I projected four rotoscoped videos on the outside and inside of the Cass Building as on a commentary on how they've essentially established themselves here.


Original Source Video


Comments