Project Proposal 1 [Revised]

Proposal
I want to create an installation that focuses on how there is this clear, and at times drastic, visual contrast between areas of different social classes within America. My plan is to collect various items and sort them into two groups. Group 1 would be comprised of items that would be symbolic or in someway represent the Upper Class, while Group 2 would be comprised of items that would represent the Lower Class. Each group would be divided onto its own side. On the side containing items from Group 1 I would project a video showing areas look more lower class, and on the side for Group 2 I would project a video showing areas that look more upper class. I thought that this would not only help in showing the contrast  of social class within communities that are all relatively close to one another, but would also work on a commentary on how greed for immense wealth correlates to poverty.


Timeline
[9/16] final cut of video
[9/17] all materials collected
[9/17 - 9/20] practice projection and make adjustments


Materials List
- Projector
-WHATEVER I CAN COLLECT (WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE)

Comments